• Results oriented professional who passionately believes that true leadership requires looking beyond the ‘day to day’ and focusing energy & assets on humanitarian issues that will shape the 3rd millennium
• Consumer focused leader with exceptional energy & communication skills who knows how to inspire peopleand drive transformative collaboration across ‘boundaries’ to deliver on meaningful commitments.
• Global citizen who embodies diversity, speaks five languages and has consistently exceeded expectations in diverse, challenging and ever-changing environments
• Creative and analytical thinker who embraces new technologies and trends to grow, innovate & create customer centric solutions
Founder & Chief Igniter (my own Ikigai) 1/2018 – Present
• Partner with private organizations to help them sharpen their shared value strategies as part of their growth & brand strategies (focus on serving needs of global migrants & refugees – they have needs but are also a potential customer segment!) > I offer a range of modular solutions leveraging learnings & experience gained at WU
• Consult on refugee specific issues including research, recommendation of short term & longitudinal solutions and leadership in go to market planning/delivery
Global Ambassador of Refugee Commitments & Initiatives (CEO special assignment) 10/2015 – 6/2018
• Spent time with Refugees, and the organizations that serve them, in camps and urban settings to understand their reality and to assess needs that WU could address (France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Kenya & Uganda)
• Built and led execution of a 3 pillared strategic plan to respond to refugee needs while delivering business benefits to WU
o Partnered with WU Foundation grant making team to select newinnovative social enterprises which would deliver true impact
o Harnessed existing business processes to deliver shared value including the hiring of Refugees as WU ‘free lancers’ (in Jordan & Uganda) and transformation of Executive Leadership Meetings to sensibilize & drive advocacy
o Leveraged WU Money Transfer capabilities to help donors and NGOs move from ‘in-kind’ to ‘cash’ aid (led pilots with ECHO and UNHCR)
• Relentlessly worked with internal (& external) stakeholders to drive awareness of the refugee reality in order to ignite engagement AND actions across WU functional teams (Compliance, PR, Brand, leadership development…)
• Partnered with regulators and international organizations to change the refugee narrative and drive policy changes which would facilitate solutions (for example, the acceptance of Refugee IDs to receive/send money across financial institutions and a partnership with MasterCard on the ‘Smart Cities’ initiative)
Global Vice President, Loyalty Development & CRM 9/2011 – 6/2018
• Nurtured customer relationships to accelerate acquisition & grow retention as part of 2020 business vision
o Continuously captured Voice of the Customer to understand needs and evolve value proposition
o Drove digitalization of customer relationships fully leveraging mobile technology
o Ensured customers were at the centre of operating model, investment and success measurement
o Engaged leadership and global stakeholders to secure alignment & support of all strategic customer initiatives
o Consistently delivered on aggressive Revenue per Customer growth objectives
• Led global scaling of best practices to accelerate growth: loyalty programs, omni-channel customer engagement & direct marketing initiatives.
• Spearheaded creation of value delivery rewards platform that allowed strategic partners to ‘plug-in’ creating win-win-wins
• Designed first ‘WU Customer P&L’ to enable Executive Committee to use customer KPIs to measure success/progress, measure ROI of investing against different segments and to drive teams’ performance.
• Nominated as the number 1 ‘WU Way Growth Investment Initiative’ in 2107 based on customer feedback & revenue growth
Key results: 33M customers globally enrolled & actively participating in Membership representing $2.2B/45% of WU’s yearly revenue, 2X higher Transactions & Tenure per Member (vs non Members), 3x increase in Revenue per Member (vs non Members), +10% in Customer Satisfaction & exponential Digital/Mobile engagement of Members. Consistently positive ROI (based on rigorous Design of Experiment). Numerous Industry awards.
Maureen Alma SIGLIANO (page 2)
Global Director, Loyalty & Customer Care 6/2007 – 8/2011
Director, Loyalty (EMEA) 2/2004 – 5/2007
Director, Ethnic Marketing and Strategic Products / Africa & Europe (Paris, France) 1/2000 – 1/2004
• Successfully launched first Direct to Bank Pilot between Italy and Senegal making account payout a business priority
• Built ‘turn-key’ flagship location concept and drove opening of 300 dedicated locations throughout Europe offering ethnic/tailored service to local communities
• Designed ‘Diaspora Marketing’ strategy and go-to-market framework & toolkits for all key ethnic consumer segments/corridors
Director, EMEA Regional Operations 3/97 – 12/99
U S Assist, A Member of the AXA Group
Director of Operations / Americas (Washington, D.C., U.S.A.) 12/1994 – 1/1997
• Managed multi-cultural, 24-hour Call Centre providing travel assistance services to customers of American Express, American Airlines and several international medical insurance companies
• Led Project Team responsible for recommending and implementing worldwide Systems solutions to reduce operating costs while elevating efficiency & service quality
• Designed and conducted management & service delivery training for headquarters and Latin American subsidiaries (Argentina, Brazil & Mexico)
Product Manager, Medical Services / Americas (Washington, D.C., U.S.A.) 9/93 – 11/94
• Managed international medical insurance contracts ensuring that staffing, providers and training met client expectations while growing profitability
• Developed and maintained network of medical correspondents and providers throughout Americas
Blue Room Company (Boston, U.S.)
Event & Key Account Manager 7/91 – 6/93
St Paul’s School Sao Paulo, Brazil
Colegio Internacional de Caracas Caracas, Venezuela
Georgetown University Washington D.C, U.S.A.
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences (May 1989)
Major: International Relations focused on Immigration & Social Policy
Minors English Literature and Art
Numerous Executive Management courses from King’s College (London) and the American Management Association (Brussels), Six Sigma Green Belt training & Lean Management Certification
Ashoka Fellow – Executive in Residence with CIYOTA/Uganda in January 2017
Home Project (NGO part of Libra Group) – Member of Advisory Board
Languages: Native fluency in English, Italian & Spanish. Advanced working knowledge of French &Portuguese.
International Background: Lived in Italy, Brazil, England, Venezuela, U.S.A., Belgium, Ivory Coast and France.
Extensive worldwide travel.
Date of Birth: October 16, 1967 Nationality:British & Italian Family Status: 4 children
Ambassador Refugee Initiatives & Impact
(Voir profil LinkedIn pour mon experience)